instantiation n : a representation of an idea in the form of an instance of it; "how many instantiations were found?"
- Rhymes: -eɪʃǝn
Instantiation or instance may be
- A concept in Platonism, see idea
- Instantiation principle - the idea that if properties exist, the essence that "has" the properties must necessarily exist
- Universal instantiation and existential instantiation, two rules of inference in logic
- A substitution instance is a formula of mathematical logic that can be produced by substituting certain strings of symbols for others in formulas.
- An Object (computer science) is often also referred to as the instance of a Class (computer science)
- Table instance (or database instance), a concept in database design; see Row (database)
- Instance dungeon, a feature of many online games such as World of Warcraft and City of Heroes.
- The first moment of existence of a thing, whether living or not. The concept of the big bang theory, at the instant it happened, represents the instantiation of the universe.
instantiation in German: Instanz
instantiation in French: Instance
instantiation in Japanese: インスタンス化
instantiation in Norwegian: Instans
instantiation in Swedish: Instans